Please read this updated information for 2021
Since taking back the business, we've received quite a few emails from sellers who are happy to be dealing with Adam Cook and the team again.
Unfortunately, we are still pursuing Sunworld through the courts and we do not have their current listing information. This means that our clients need to go through the process of contacting us again if they want Spanish Homes Online to sell their Spanish property.
Please get in touch with us, and we'll take care of everything like we used to do in the past.
More information on selling your property can be found here.
Are you thinking of Selling your Spanish Property?
Spanish Homes Online have been selling property on the Costa Blanca since 2002. Here are some tips we'd like to share with you which will make it easier for you to achieve the best price possible and sell your Spanish properly as quickly as possible.
- Get ready to sell it. If you are putting your property on the market, assume your estate agent will sell it quickly. The market is booming in Spain now and the Spanish property bust is long behind us. Probably we won't shift it for a few weeks but if we do sell your property for you, you need to have all the paperwork already prepared. Tracie in our La Zenia office will give you a list of all the paperwork you need- just send her a quick email.
You need to be ready to move out, once we pick up the deposit and sign the contract. Let's say your buyer wants to move in this month but you've decided to take one last holiday here in Spain- this can cost you the deal. So, point number one: Be ready to sell.
- Price it right from the start. We are all guilty of this- We believe our Spanish property is the best one on the whole street. Ou pool view is better than our neighbours and our house will surely sell for more than the other neighbour.
Well, no. Pricing your house too high will cost you money and time. One of the first questions a buyer will ask is how long your property has been on the market.
If it's six months or more, get ready- they will make you an offer 20% below the asking price. If you price it right however, we'll sell your property within eight weeks- at or around the asking price. Don't compare your house to the highest priced one for sale in the area- compare it to the last one or two which were actually sold. Ask the neighbours, ask your estate agent.
- Clean, declutter, depersonalise.It sometimes appears that Spanish property owners will rather take a five thousand euro hit on the price rather than pay a cleaner 50 euro to tidy the house. Buyers, especially Scandinavian, Belgian and the French want your home to be spotless like an operating theatre.
You may love your collection of teddy bears but your buyer may not- Why not box them up and provide some empty space for your buyer instead.
Too many personal pictures are not a good idea either. You don't want the buyers to feel like they are snooping around your house, we want them to feel that they are looking around their soon to be Spanish home!
- Make the property easy to show. Once you pick a good agent, established in the area for many years like ourselves, you can trust them. If you are trusting us with the paperwork concerning the sale of your property here on the Costa Blanca, then trust us with the keys too!! Leave a full set, or two in our office. We will mind them and we don't need to go chasing you every time we have a viewing.
Keyholders are often the fly on the ointment when it comes to us showing your house. We have a huge number of "walk in" clients in La Zenia, especially since we opened our new Calle Flores office. These are clients who are perhaps out on viewing trips with other agents and maybe have an hour or two to see your property, without any prior notice or appointment set.
If your keys are with the keyholder, no matter how many times he promised he would be available to show your house- the one time we need him, he won't be there and your buyer will have moved onto a house that they can actually view!
- Get your property on all the major portals.These days, 85% of Spanish property buyers find the house they wish to buy online and generally on one of the major property portals like Daft.ie, Kyero.com and Think Spain.
It's very important that your property appears on these portals. You absolutely want maximum exposure for your Spanish home if you hope to sell it quickly. Top Spanish agents like Comaskey will get your property on all the big portals for absolutely no charge.
- Help your agent to sell your Spanish property. I know it's our job to sell your property, not yours, but still you can really help us out. Why not write us a descriptions that we can include on one of our blogs? Why not take another few photos so we can post on social media, again increasing your exposure.
Think how good it will look on Facebook if you show us photos of last years summer holidays in Cabo Roig for example. Remember the guy who is thinking of buying your property does not just want a house in Spain- they want to live the Spanish dream- help paint them a mental picture of what their new life in Spain will be like.
- Make upgrades. You don't have to go crazy, but if your apartment in Spain was or is a renter, probably it can use a paint job, maybe the garden needs to be cut back, perhaps you can repair that leak in the conservatory?
You do not have to spend too much money. Spanish Homes Online have a number of builders and handy men we use to help our sellers upgrade so maybe think about spending a few euro, just so that when we do take a buyer into your apartment, it's looking it's very best.
- AND 10! Find the right agent, Find the right legal team. You knew this was going to be one of the tips for selling your Spanish property quickly didn't you? Needless to say, we rank ourselves as the very best estate agent on the Spanish Costa Blanca for selling your property.
We take care of the paperwork. We have sellers contacting us every day looking to buy your property- and we have a couple of thousand of already satisfied buyers and sellers- We don't know of any other agent in Spain who can say that.
Spanish Solutions, our sister company since 2005 is our prefered legal and taxation partner.
I've read lots of times that buyers "should not trust a solicitor recommended by the estate agent"- generally nonsense. Perhaps this is the case with some agents but we stake our reputation on Pedro Molino, Barrister and the other members of the wonderful Spanish Solutions team honour their legally binding duty of care and will only do what is right for their clients. You can find their web site here, www.spanishsolutions.net
So there you have it, Tens tips to help you sell your property in Spain.
If you'd like to arrange a sit down and get a free valuation from Spanish Homes Online, we'd be very delighted to do it for you. We visit you so you don't even need to leave the comfort of your soon to be sold Spanish Property.
Email Tracie today.